1. DEFINITION OF COOKIES.
Cookies are files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to the user’s device that is used when you visit a website. Its main purpose is to recognize the user each time you access the web and also allows us to improve the quality and usability of the same.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet; they cannot damage the user’s computer/device and, if they are activated in your browser settings, they help us to identify and resolve possible errors in the functioning of the web.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES.
- Session Cookies: These are those that last the time the user is browsing the website and are deleted at the end.
- Persistent cookies: They are stored in the user’s terminal for a longer time, thus facilitating the control of the preferences chosen without having to repeat certain parameters each time you visit the website.
- Own Cookies: These are created by this website and can only be read by the site itself. For example: technical cookies for loading images, cookies for customizing web parameters, traffic analysis cookies, etc.
- Third-party cookies: These are created by third parties and are used for different services.
- Technical Cookies: These are those essential and strictly necessary for the proper functioning of a Web portal and the use of the different options and services offered. For example, those used for session maintenance, response time management, performance or validation of options, use security features or share content with social networks.
- Personalization Cookies: They allow the user to specify or customize some features of the general options of the Web page. For example, define the language, regional configuration or type of browser.
- Analytical Cookies: These are those used by our website to develop browsing profiles and to know the preferences of the users of the same in order to improve the supply of products and services. For example, through an analytical cookie would control the geographic areas of greatest interest to a user or what is the most popular product.
- Advertising Cookies: They allow the management of advertising spaces based on specific criteria. For example the frequency of access, edited content, etc.. Advertising cookies allow through the management of advertising to store behavioral information through the observation of habits, studying the accesses and forming a profile of user preferences, to offer advertising related to the interests of your profile.
3. COOKIES USED BY THE WEB.
- The PHPSESSID cookie used by php to store the session identifier.
- The _ga, _gat and _gid cookies used by google analytics.
- The SHOWCOOKIES cookie, which is used to indicate if we have to show the cookies layer.
4. CONFIGURATION TO AVOID COOKIES.
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, in the menu option Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings. To learn more, visit:
- If you use Firefox, in the menu option Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies. To learn more, visit:
- If you use Chrome, under Options > Advanced Options > Privacy. To learn more, visit:
- If Opera is used, in the Security and Privacy option, you can configure the browser. To learn more, visit:
The user of the website is aware of all the above and accepts it voluntarily.